Friday, February 11, 2011

Simple Life

For those who are thinking "Wow he sure has a lot of time on his hands to be blogging so much"...secret tip: I'm blogging from my phone! Oh, technology! Anyway, these pics are of me & my family in our back yard enjoying the sun. I get off of work early so we got a chance to do this today. Moral of the story? Relationships need time. And when you're a youth pastor/artist/everything else I do you've gotta cherish these moments. Actually, I'm finding that I need to be INTENTIONAL about creating moments like these with my family. It's all a part of that "ministry starts at home" paradigm shift. Remember that as a minister (of any sort), God won't give you more than you can handle. If your family relationships are being strained because of ministry, you've taken on too much. God's not in it. Don't sacrifice your family on the altar of ministry. If you do...then be prepared to have a dead family life on your hands. Also be prepared to be offensive to God. That's all.

Jarrell

No comments:

Post a Comment