Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Little Nervous...

As some of you may know, I will be releasing my EP "The Freedom Project" on iTunes on November 16th. I must admit...I'm a little nervous. It's crazy, I don't really know why. What I do know is that I'm learning to trust God. Through this process, God is revealing to me some things about myself. One of those things is that no matter how tempting it may be, I have to stay the course that God has entrusted to me. I can't run someone elses race. There are so many people out here ministering through the avenue of rap music. This is supposed to be a blessing right? But sometimes it can get discouraging because everyone is doing it. And if everyone is doing it, then why do I need to do it? Is my little EP really going to make a difference? Am I nervous because my EP may not do as well as somebody else's project? Is ther pride at work in me?

Here's where I find comfort. God made me unique. As long as I don't try to copy someone else then I'll be fine. Nobody can beat me at being me. I've got a calling from God on my life and He has made me to fit in a certain place in the body. One thing I'm noticing about the Body. The deeper the revelation that you have about the Body of Christ, the more you find out that there is no room for your ego. So true.

Anyway, I know I've just done a little rambling but I had to get something out. I'm watching Nyomi while my wife is out with a friend. I think Nyomi just woke up from her nap. I had to put something down though...it's therapeutic for me. So, moral of the story? When you're feeling nervous because you're about to take a leap ask yourself, "Why am I nervous?" If you're nervous because you might not have the success that you wanted or because you feel like you're gonna look crazy if you fall flat on your face...there's pride working somewhere in there. If you're nervous because you've never been to the strange new place that God is leading you into...you're learning a lesson in faith. Trust God every step of the way. I'm preaching to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment