Monday, October 25, 2010

Work Out Update...

Just a refresher: I was challenged in my last post! I actually gained two pounds and that took me back up to 198.2. It was kind of depressing but I learned a value lesson on intake remember? Well with the help of my wife, I made an adjustment on what I was eating. I also added a couple of days of running and a night of basketball last week. Well I'm pleased to report that today I weighed in at...192.6!! That means I lost 5.6 pounds in a week! I'm very excited about that! Now I'm hoping that by next week I'll be in the 180's. Here's the thing though. I think last week I was so mad about gaining 2 pds that I just went kamikaze and decided to fit extra workout whenever I could. (Maybe a better word would be "inspired"...nah I ain't gonna lie. I was upset.) Where was I going with this? Oh yes...so I fit extra running, ab exercises, and even basketball into my schedule. I know that being inspired is great. The problem is this: streaks of inspiration aren't gonna help me with my real problem. My real problem is making a plan and sticking to it. Seeing a plan through from beginning. I think that I can probably get into the 180's by next week because I'm inspired to do that. But in order to make working out a part of my lifestyle I'm going to need a little bit more than streaks of inspiration. I need to discipline myself to do this even when I don't feel "inspired'.

It's definitely like that in the spiritual. I'm a youth pastor and I know for a fact that most people in ministry only get in the word and pray when they are "inspired". Normally ministers are inspired to "get a word" for the people they are ministering to. But when it comes down to getting a word for ourselves (when we're not in some sort of trouble) there's no inspiration. That's when it comes down to discipline. That's what we all need to work on. do we discipline ourselves to get in the word even when we don't feel inspired? I know that's a struggle for me. That's why I'm praying for the Lord to help me to live a disciplined lifestyle...in every area. Spirit, soul and body. I've got responsibilities as a man that I need to take care of. I won't have success in achieving anything LONGTERM without discipline. Pray for me & for you. Pray that God will help us lead disciplined lifestyles by His grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment