Thursday, October 14, 2010

Caught Red Handed (Confession Time)

Ok so you know how I've been working out right? Well obviously (Antoine Dodson voice) we have a sweet tooth in Lincoln Park! He's climbin in yo candy jars tryna snatch yo hershey's kisses so yall need to hide...lol! One of the youth took this picture shortly after our youth service. It's a picture of me eating a Hershey's kiss :( (It was good.)

So this is pretty much my issue...I love sugar. Especially chocolate. And since this picture has already been taken I might as well out myself. I've been sneaking in chocolate here and there. Sad, yes. I've been sabotaging myself. The thing is, chocolate and sugar are sooo good to me. But in reality it's "Killa, killa". I've been reading a few verses that warn about to much sugar.

Prov. 25:16 NIV - If you find honey eat just enough, too much of it and you will vomit.
Prov. 25:27 NIV - It is not good to eat too much honey, nor is it honorable to seek one's own honor.

Basically the Word is telling me not to overindulge on the sweets. If God even put a restriction on something that is naturally sweet, then I probably shouldn't be killing this chocolate like I do. Man, I need community and accountability in this area! I know I live in San Antonio but man..does anybody out there value health? Aah!

2 comments:

  1. I thought those verses went from the practical eating something to the deeper issue of stuffing yourself with...yourself. Maybe I'm missing something

    Another proverb says My son, eat honey, for it is good, and the drippings of the honeycomb are sweet to your taste. Proverbs 24:13

    i like that one...Ice Cream here I come
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those verses definitely have a spiritual meaning, but they also have a literal meaning. I've seen little kids take in too much "honey" and yes they vomited haha!

    Proverbs 24:13 tells us that it's ok to eat honey while Proverbs 25:16,27 tells us not to overindulge in it.

    ReplyDelete