Friday, February 5, 2016
#BackToBasic Devo Time - Matthew 5-9
1. It's a blessing to hunger and thirst for righteousness. God's promise is that I will be filled.
2. The legacy of faith is one of persecution. The reward is the kingdom of heaven.
3. Jesus came not to destroy the law or the prophets. He came to fulfill and to bring it to a greater understanding. Jesus raises the standards so high that I can only depend on Him to be my righteousness, and depend on His Spirit to obey.
4. Jesus is the embodiment of the law and prophets.
5. Offense hinders worship.
6. Am I really warring against sin in the way that Matthew 5 describes or am I passive about sin.
7. God, help me to be a man of my word.
8. Work with an eternal perspective in mind, and keep your eyes on Jesus.
9. The more sin I have in my life, the harder it is for me to determine how to help others remove sin in their lives.
10. I can't fake the fruit of my life.
11. Jesus follows kingdom teaching with kingdom manifestation of miracles.
12. I never realized how much the bible ties in sickness with demonic activity.
13. In Jesus' compassion, he encourages me to pray for more laborers.