Saturday, June 15, 2013

2 Things I've Learned About Fatherhood While Being A Youth Pastor

I get to have the unique advantage of seeing the family unit from a dad's perspective and from a youth pastor perspective. I've learned a lot but I'm gonna pick two things that stand out the most.

1. As the father goes, so goes the family. As a youth pastor, my influence can be great. However it pales in comparison to a father figure. Even if the father figure is mediocre or even negative, the influence is still greater.
2. A child would prefer a father over a youth pastor any day of the week. Kids like youth pastors. Kids love fathers. It's just the way it is. It's the way God designed it.

I pray that God helps me to challenge and empower dads to be godly fathers, AND to challenge and empower the church community to be fathers to a fatherless generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment