Friday, September 3, 2010

A Lil Barber Shop Talk, Kyle Concert, Nursing Home and Sunday Morning

Hey yall!

Well, here's some pics and footage of my weekend. It was a pretty fast paced weekend. Just to give you a little overview of my weekend...

Friday - Prepared for the concerts I had that weekend, got my hair cut, picked up business cards, prepared for the messages I would be speaking
Saturday - Went and did a nursing home outreach with the youth and youth leaders at my church (no, I didn't rap), drove to Kyle for the concert right after that, ministered and came back home
Sunday - Ministered the Word of God during church, rested up a little, then headed to the concert in Lockhart.

Now all of my weekends are NOT like that! Sometimes packed weekends like that are fun...but sometimes they're not because I sometimes I'd rather be hanging out with my family. It's cool when they get to go with me though. I'm not sure if families really know how much of a support it is to a minister when the whole family shows up. Jeneil and Nyomi try to make every ministry opportunity I have. But sometimes it's just not wise to have Nyomi out as late as I stay out sometimes. In cases like that we have to make the painful choice of them staying at home. But in cases like the nursing home, we get to do some family ministry. In my opinion, that's always best. Here are a few pics of us at the nursing home...

Jeneil, Nyomi, Mrs Mary Lou (with the white hair and blue coat) and one of our youth leaders (George Marin) praying for some of the residents...



And here's a pic of Mrs Mary Lou and I ministering to more residents...



I didn't get a chance to travel with the family to Kyle, and only Jeneil came with me to Lockhart. Good time's with good people though. (Also, when I gave a shout out to "Adam", the dude's name is actually "Isaac" LOL! I corrected that in the video!) Here's the weekend recap video...



And some concert footage...



And finally the message on Sunday morning...

Biblical Missions from faith outreach center on Vimeo.



Needless to say, I was worn out! I was advised by my wife and my dad (who also happens to be my spiritual father as well) to spend the whole Monday with my family. It really is hard to sit still and just be home sometimes. Even when I'm at home, the temptation is to be busy doing something instead of loving on the family. Doing absolutley nothing on Monday was much needed.

Well that's about it for now.

Til next time,
Jarrell

No comments:

Post a Comment