Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Background Behind the CD Sampler pt 1

Some of you might know that I'm working on a CD sampler that will be out this month. I'm so excited about it. Let me tell you how it came to be...

So if you've been reading my blog, then you know that I stopped doing music for a while. I went on this church retreat called an "Encounter" and the Lord really called me to set aside my music. When I say "set aside" I mean that He asked me to stop doing music. I didn't know for how long, and for a while I wasn't listening to music, not even my own production. I thought I would never do music again...and I was sad. I began to seek God for an alternate plan for my life. I was so confused because I thought that the Lord wanted me to do music. He had spoken it to me in my quiet time, through prophetic words, in dreams, and through favor with others in music ministry. I thought for sure this was what I was supposed to do. But when I went on that retreat, the Lord showed me that I was operating in fear, insecurity, and a whole lot of other things. I started to pray.

But when I started to pray something interesting happened. The Lord started giving me different songs in my quiet time. And for a while, none of them were rap songs. Some of them were worship songs, others had a totally different feel than rap...which is what I had always done before. Then the Lord finally gave me the release to start working on a 5 song EP and I was to record the songs that He gave me in my quiet time. So now I had a problem. What was I supposed to do with the songs that I had already recorded and mixed? Was God just gonna have me throw them in the trash? I put time and money into all of those songs. If He knew this was gonna happen, why didn't He stop me from going to the studio all of that time? Was I just not listening? Am I just gonna have to eat this one? You can imagine the questions I had. Plus, I really felt like the Lord called me specifically to do rap. I know that some people may not believe in modern day prophets but I do. And I had this one prophet tell me that I was to work on my music, esp Christian rap. Now I don't even know that this guy knew that Christian rap existed. To make a long story short, I didn't want to part from rap. But when God gives you a command, He will also turn your heart's desire to do His will - Ezekiel 36:26-27. So I asked the Lord, "If this is really your will for me to depart from rap, please take the desire to do rap out fo me."

No comments:

Post a Comment