Wednesday, April 6, 2011

All That Talk About "Local First"..Well...Here It Is!

Do you remember a while back when I was talking about the proper missions perspective? Acts 1:8...Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, uttermost parts of the world? Focusing primarily on having an impact where you are...starting at home, church, neighborhood, city, etc? If not, please watch this (from 40:42 on):

Biblical Missions from Faith Outreach Center on Vimeo.



IF YOU DO REMEMBER THEN I'M SURE YOU KNEW SOMETHING WAS ON THE HORIZON!! Well here it is...


(Click the picture to go to the new Forerunner Youth Ministries website!)




I'm happy to announce the launch of Forerunner Youth Ministries! Our whole goal is to impact locally and reach globally for God's glory. To put it simply 1) We love God 2) We love family 3) We love community 4) We love the arts We'll go more into detail about those things later. If you're asking "Where in the world did this come from?"...well let me tell you. I've been a youth pastor at my church for over 7 years now. To make a long story short, God recently told me to make major changes and focus on missions where I am now...at my local church. So here it is. Our aim is to build a culture of disciples. We want to partner with God in building a prophetic generation who loves God and hates sin. We also want to help raise up artists who will go and infiltrate media and the arts for the glory of God. I can't wait to see what God is going to do with this! More to come.


Jarrell

No comments:

Post a Comment