Thursday, February 3, 2011

Connecting Realities

Some of you may be wondering why I chose "Connecting Realities" as my tag line. I just wanted to do a little bit of explaining what "Connecting Realities" really means.

This isn't really talked about much, but I think one of the hardest thing for a Christian to do is to take the spiritual things that we learn and apply them to daily life. It's especially hard when you're taught by people who love to show you the vastness of Christ through lofty concepts. (I worded it that way on purpose:) Basically, these kind of teachers feel that simple isn't deep enough. Sometimes they just really are that deep but don't know that everyone else is has a nose bleed from trying to grasp their concepts. Getting back...it's hard enough for someone to take what they've learned in a classroom setting (which is what most churches have become) and be expected to apply it the best way they see fit (which is what most churches/church leaders expect). This is why discipleship is so important...

As Christians, I believe that we live in two realities. In one reality, we know that Jesus died and rose again to restore fellowship and to introduce kingdom lifestyle to us. In the other reality, we know that we still live in a sin contaminated world and the rain falls on the just and the unjust. There are a lot of people who never make the connection between realities and they're stuck in a state of limbo for the majority of their Christian lives. My goal for this blog was to let you see my life (outside of music and ministry) and to watch my attempt at "Connecting Realities". Maybe I'll find out that in some instances the two realities can coexist. Maybe I'll find out that in some instances they can't.

Now before you read me wrong, please understand that I believe the bible. "Let God be true"...and I know the devil is a liar. Understand that these things are easily acknowledged. However it's sometimes harder to prove that you believe something by walking it out in your lifestyle. This is my attempt to show you how I'm connecting realities. This is how I'm taking these concepts of God and walking them out. So the blog posts, pics & videos I post are not abstract. It's generally what God's dealing with me about at the time. And it's my experiences in my walk with God that will inspire the music of this next...hmm. I hope that "The Life Behind the Music: Connecting Realities" has a clearer meaning now! More soon to come.

Jarrell



No comments:

Post a Comment